There is a lot of choice out there for massage training. But we are confident that AYM UK offers the best training there is. We are a small, ethical company with big ideas! We have an unparalleled training syllabus that develops not only your massage skills, but the personal skills needed to be a successful therapist. It doesn’t stop there, with a graduate support team ready to help you become the best massage therapist possible.
We are not led by profit, our aim to create truly the best trainings so that you can set up a successful massage career and Ayurvedic Yoga Massage can continue to help people across the UK and Europe.
Quality massage training courses
- We always deliver training to small groups, so even though are you paying for a group setting training you can expect to have lots of one to one time with the teacher.
- We take time to get to know you, before and during the training. This includes understanding how you best learn, and where you are at emotionally and physically. If you are tired or are going through something challenging we will support you, and give you manageable chunks of information. But we will never underestimate your capacity to learn, and we will never chew your food for you. Our students are encouraged to problem-solve and understand what they are doing and why from day 1.
- You learn skills that you can apply in many therapy situations and not just a sequence. This means you can support whoever turns up as your client.
- Most of our graduates complete training feeling confident and ready to deliver immediately. If you are not feeling confident we will support you until you are. You can come and massage the teacher or assistants and receive feedback, we put you in touch with other AYM therapists in your area so you can exchange treatments with them, and we will usually respond to any enquiries as to how to deal with different client needs within minutes. Of course the more training you attend the more confident you become, and we offer 25% discount towards repeating any of our trainings for a second time, which counts towards a more advanced qualification. After the second time of attending as a paying participant, you can repeat trainings for free as a course assistant.
- The skills you learn can work alongside other therapies or yoga classes you deliver, complementing the work you already do.
- You’ll make some great friendships on the course. We often make and eat lunch together so we can get to know one another. Once you finish your course you have a ready made support network as part of our friendly community.
- In your onward journey we have an active community of therapists across the UK and Europe offering advice and support.
- We have a dedicated team here to support you on your student journey and into the world of being a therapist when you graduate.
- We provide business and marketing support long after you’ve qualified, including support with the options for a professional email account and AYM url, being featured in our newsletters and social media, and joining us at Yoga Shows to promote your AYM treatments.
- We have formed the only existing association of Ayurvedic Yoga Massage therapists, which you will be able to join upon completion of your course, with a 1-year free student membership.
- Our graduates are trained in massage ethics, and follow our Association’s ethical standards. Offering massage is intimate work, where subtleties matter. We don’t leave you unprepared for facing ethical dilemmas, as we don’t want you to face issues that you have never thought about for the first time in your treatment room. This is essential both for you, and for your clients.
- We are the only school of Ayurvedic Yoga Massage that offers a complete training with all the skills required to be a successful therapist, including your emotional skills for holding space for clients, and for maintaining your own wellbeing; adjusting the techniques so that you can offer AYM in a comfortable way for your own body; massage ethics; and marketing skills for building ethical, authentic businesses.
- We are a small, ethical business. We aim to be as eco as possible ourselves and we choose services from other ethical businesses. We have an ethical bank, we only use vegan products, we support wherever possible local businesses.
- We deliver trainings across the UK, connecting with Yoga and wellbeing centres to help us build these communities and reach the right people and places that can support your onward therapist journey.
- We aim to be affordable (read our blog on breaking the unemployment cycle), and offer monthly payment plans to those who want to train but are unable to pay the full amount in the usual 2 instalments.
Try before you commit
If you’re still not sure if we are for you, we run workshops regularly in the cities we operate, which means you can come and get a feel for AYM, the techniques and and for the trainer. See what workshops we’ve got coming up.
What our graduates say
Despina is a great teacher. I enjoyed doing L1-2 and highly recommend it to anyone who wants to do this life changing course. I also believe this is the most complete and effective massage course I have done.Filipa Pinto
When I decided to start a massage course I had no idea where and what I wanted to do. Took me a while to find this amazing massage and a good friend to recommend me Despina as a teacher and a guide into my journey. She is a wonderful person and her energy is pure and authentic. I was looking for a teacher with a good soul and a big heart. Patience and calm. Someone that i can feel comfortable around and in the same time someone that actually care for their passion.Oana Paunas
Meeting Despina was the best thing for me as she’s got everything I’ve asked for. Deciding to come and do the full course with you was the best thing I have done for myself, the best investment in myself, as now I’m absolutely loving it. Love your patience to teach and your freedom of sharing your knowledge with me.I highly recommend Despina, her treatments and courses to anyone who is looking to do something amazing for themselves.
Just completed the AYM L1 / L2 training with Despina, I loved the relaxed atmosphere and her hands-on approach to teaching. It quickly became apparent that not only was Despina an amazing massage therapist, she was also a natural teacher which allowed myself and the other students to quickly gain confidence in what we were doing. The combination of demonstration, detailed handouts and frequent massage practise sessions worked brilliantly. Whether you’re a massage therapist looking to learn AYM or just looking to add to your life skills I would highly recommend attending one of Despina’s workshops or training courses.Alastair Findlay, Therapist, Aberdeen