Ayurvedic Yoga Massage Levels 1-2 is an intensive 38-hour training (minimum), which teaches you an extremely effective AYM sequence, and helps you develop your intuition as to how to adjust the method to suit client needs.
At the beginning of our training students find out what Ayurvedic Yoga Massage is and what it can do, as well as become effective practitioners, and learn how to improve as practitioners in the long term. The Level 1-2 training includes:
1. Body mechanics: how to position your body and adjust the techniques to make sure you are working with ease, using your body weight rather than your strength. This will feel a lot nicer to your clients and protect your own body in the long term. Offering AYM feels wonderful for the therapist’s body, you warm up, breathe, move, and even stretch a little, much like an easy yoga practice (videos, and practical training in classroom)
2. Indications and contra-indications (for AYM treatments generally and for each specific technique), and safe and comfortable prone and supine lying positions for the client. Learning when and how clients’ bodies need to be supported, and what positions are appropriate for which clients (videos and practical training).
3. Learning how to respond to the sensations that we get from our hands/feet/other body parts that we massage with. We need to understand what the quality of the tissues that we are massaging is like, how we adjust the surface area and amount of pressure appropriately, and which body parts we can use to provide the pressure that the client needs with ease, without straining any part of our own bodies (practical training)
4. Similarly, we learn to interpret the feedback that we get from the soft tissues when we are stretching, and the client’s feedback, to understand when and how far is beneficial to stretch (practical).
5. Clear and effective communication with the client, building a trusting relationship that can help foster healing (videos and practical application in classroom)
6. Massage ethics (1 hour in classroom)
7. Hygiene (videos and practical application)
8. Business skills (videos, if any questions arise during the classroom hours we answer them, plus ongoing support after your training).
9. Advice on efficient use of your resources to help you develop and keep improving as a practitioner after your training (videos, printed resources, follow-up mentorship sessions)
The techniques that we learn in Levels 1 and 2 can be put together to form a sequence that will feel wonderful to clients to receive, and very effective in terms of its therapeutic benefits. It will feel fairly complete as a treatment (clients will feel like they’ve received a full body massage), as we will learn how to massage and stretch practically every part of the body.
After a full body massage you will be able to leave your clients feeling like they’re walking on clouds, and you will be able to help relieve the most common sources of pain, tension and discomfort in the body.
The practical part of this training is usually covered in 5 full days, while the online materials are available from 2 weeks before the start of the practical training and for one year afterwards.
What we cover
What we offer beyond the online and practical training
With all of our trainings we offer: